Friday, December 7, 2007

Is it a boy or a girl?

And the Winner Is...

Larry and I had our ultrasound today. It was so great. So, I'm sure everyone is excited to know whether we are having a boy or a girl. We have had so many people say they think it is a boy and others are adamant that it is a girl. Well, everyone is right! Yep, Larry and I are having twins...a boy AND a girl!

I know that you must think I'm kidding, but I'm not at all. We hadn't even expected twins, but it was very clear today that there are two babies with two heart beats. We are so lucky to be having one of each.

We had already decided on names for a boy and a girl, but thought we'd only be using one of them with this pregnancy. It's a good thing we planned for either. We will name the boy Parker Reid and the girl Emma Claire.

Emma is on my left side and weighs 11 ounces today. Parker is on my right and weighs 12 ounces today. They both seem to be very healthy and doing well. We are obviously feeling so blessed by God's gifts!

In my earliest post, I said that as soon as we knew the baby's gender, the decorating would begin. Well, now we have some additional planning to think about...two cribs, two sets of bedding, a double stroller, etc!

I'll be posting the video of our ultrasound this evening. It's our kiddos first public appearance. We will keep you updated.

No comments: