Wednesday, February 27, 2008

31 Weeks

Larry and I went for our 31 week check. Parker and Emma are growing so well and have gained a pound each from two weeks ago. Parker weighs 3 lbs. 14 oz. and Emma weighs 4 lbs. 2 oz. I feel so bad for the little kiddos with how crowded they are. Parker is still breech, so he and Emma have their legs and feet in each others faces.

I'm doing well. Staying off my feet has really helped my energy level. My belly is growing quite a bit to accommodate for their growing size. I measured 38 cm. (38 weeks). I was concerned that I couldn't measure over 40 cm (40 weeks), but Dr. Bell assured me that he's delivered plenty of babies whose mothers measured over 40 cm. So, this week, my body thinks it is 38 weeks and carrying an 8 lb. baby.

The results from my gestational diabetes test came back and there are no worries there! At this appointment, I had to get a Rh shot because my blood is Rh negative and Larry's is Rh positive. It's just a normal precaution that's taken in case my blood mixes with the kiddos' blood.

As for preparing for Parker and Emma's arrival, their clothes that we'll take to the hospital are washed and packed neatly. I've also started packing my bag so we can head to the hospital at a moments notice. The "to-do" list is much shorter and Larry and I feel good that everything is in good order for the arrival of our babies.

Thanks to Nana, Grammy and Papa, we now have the car seats. We're planning to install them this weekend with the help of a friend that is a certified pro (really!) and a mother of three!

We make our next visit for a check up in two weeks where we'll have another ultrasound to check Parker and Emma's progress.

Check back with us...we'll keep you posted!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

next post...baby pics of Larry & Ashley! i don't know about you (and you're the one that's prego...) but I'm starting to get a lil' anxious about their upcoming arrival!

adrianhitt said...

me toooo!!! i can't wait to meet these little guys! eek
(glad that everything is going well! )