Monday, April 21, 2008

The Rest of the Story

So, you've most likely noticed a large gap between the 33 week update and the announcement of the arrival of Parker and Emma. Now that we are little more settled, I can fill in the blanks.

We had two wonderful showers on March 15! Thank you to Lori, Susan and Teresa for such a beautiful brunch. The food and cake were amazing.

Stephen and Mary also hosted a great evening gathering. The food was amazing and I enjoyed the casual get together!

Just a few days later, my blood pressure started to rise. I knew the inevitable had arrived and I was put on full bed rest. There aren't words to describe how hard it is to lie down all day and night, but I knew it was what was best for Parker and Emma.

Larry was wonderful and I appreciate that his parents and my mom ate dinner in our bedroom night after night so I didn't feel left out. Lori mailed magazines...I especially loved the J-Lo and twins edition. I knew what I had to look forward to, minus the million dollar nursery! Mary loaned me movies and texted all day. Thanks to everyone who played a role, large or small, in keeping me going those last few days!

Here is a pic of what I looked like on Monday, March 24 (at 35 weeks) before heading to my doctor's appointment. This day, my belly measured 45 centimeters...whoa!

At 36 weeks and 3 days, Sunday, March 30, Larry and I decided it was time to pay a visit to Labor and Delivery at St. Edwards because my blood pressure had been high all day. To be honest, I was happy to go on a car ride. Spring had sprung...it's my favorite time of year. Upon arrival to the hospital, we learned that I was having contractions and dilating. We were so excited! I was admitted to the hospital and monitored over night.

On Monday morning, Dr. Bell came by to visit and decided to do a C-Section because of my high blood pressure and Parker being breech. I was scheduled for 9 a.m. Here is the last picture of Larry and I together before we became parents. You can see how excited and anxious we both were.
It has been an exciting time around our house. Emma and Parker are doing great! There's lots more to come, so keep checking back.

4 comments:

Schluter said...

Aww- I'm seriously calling you and coming to see those babies. I hear they are angels and I want to see for myself!

Sarah said...

I am so thankful that you posted! I have been wondering what happened and how you guys were doing. I'm thrilled that everything seems to be going well. Keep me posted if you guys still come to OK. :)

Lori said...

Aw, I'm so glad you took pics. It's hard to remember now how big your belly was just a few short weeks ago. I told you you'd look different after getting rid of 12 lbs. of baby. Why is it that you can look glamorous with a 46-inch stomach? Not fair!

Come back to work... we miss you!

Unknown said...

Precious babies! Thank you for letting me hold them...And you look super beautiful - you hid being misreable well. I wish I could figure out that fine art! I can't wait until Eli gets here so he can meet his friends Emma and Parker!